Marketing Manager – The Clyde (Clyde Theatre and Club Room at The Clyde)
The Clyde is looking for an energetic, strategic thinker and a passionate achiever to oversee marketing for concerts, live entertainment and events at The Clyde and the Club Room at The Clyde.
The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for creating marketing plans, including advertising, promotions, PR, social media, media buying for concerts and live entertainment shows, and developing and executing events and non-traditional programming in and around the venue. The Marketing Manager will track spending and allocate funds for individual show budgets. Additionally, the Marketing Manager will build strong relationships and effective communication with partners throughout the market. The Marketing Manager is responsible for all advertising, marketing, promotion, social media, and community relations for The Clyde Theater and
The Club Room at The Clyde.
- Develop overall strategic marketing goals and budget for the venue and execute a results-driven plan to include advertising, promotion, partnerships, social media and internal efforts.
- Create and manage individual event and show marketing plans to include advertising, promotion, partnerships, social media and internal efforts.
- Manage all publicity requests including press releases, solicited stories for upcoming events, day of show photo/media requests.
- Manage maintenance and updates of press and contact lists (radio, television, print, web).
- Ensure the compiling and sending of press releases, publicity materials and photos to writers, editors and other promoter partners as directed.
- Manage the distribution of spots to both radio and television stations.
- Manage and direct internal and external graphics departments on print ads, flyers, postcards and posters for upcoming shows.
- Ensure the arrangement of artist/media interviews; phone-ins, remotes, in-studio, etc.
- Implement creative marketing/promotional plans with local media including the negotiation of rates and the implementation of paid/trade advertising schedules.
- Develop marketing plans for Corporate Sales, VIP Sales, Venue & Event Sponsorships.
- Develop and direct both show and non-show related marketing projects and initiatives.
- Direct the creation of high impact promotions and strong consumer awareness for various events with a focus on non-paid media which results in driving ticket sales.
- Build strong relationships with retail partners, social influencers, publicity firms, artist management, internal employees and management and other industry stake holders.
- Develop and manage venue’s promotional team. Coordinate grassroots marketing efforts with local market contacts.
- Maintain and create relationships with company partners to provide local and regional promotion of events.
- Lead and provide direct oversight to one or more employees within marketing department.
- Build and leverage knowledge of the Fort Wayne area and outlying markets, including relationship building efforts with key media and local influencers.
- Coordinate pre-show/day of show press with independent publicists and managers.
- Create, develop, and implement additional content for dark nights including but not limited to local live showcases, open mic nights, neighborhood events and tentpole programming.
- Plan and execute pre and post-show events in and around the venue.
- Capture real-time, night of show coverage for venue marketing and social channels.
- Work closely with the team to create and implement ticketing promotions and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Music Industry or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience marketing live music/entertainment industry required
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend hours based on the needs of daily business operations
- Ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to professionally present marketing concepts and strategies to artist management and the public
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Maintain a positive public/professional profile at all times
- Work well in a team environment
- Outstanding leadership qualities and abilities
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts and implement innovative solutions