Clyde Theatre:
Let Art Thrive

About the Clyde

In 1949, Clyde Quimby commissioned architect A.M. Strauss to draw up plans for the Clyde Theatre at Quimby Village in Fort Wayne, IN. Opening on April 19th, 1951, as a 1782 seat movie theatre, the Clyde was bustling with patrons as the regions premier movie house serving citizens from all over Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio.

Today this art deco masterpiece has survived the test of time and consists of over 21,000 sq. ft. of floor space. The main performance hall, which has had all of its seats removed, will be utilized as a 2,200 capacity, general admission, multi-functional performing arts and special events center.

Even Keel Event Productions (EKEP) will manage in-house promoted events including live concerts, film screenings, comedy acts, sporting events, and art gallery exhibitions. Furthermore, EKEP plans to provide rental and lease services for outside producers interested in hosting private or public events at the Theatre including weddings, receptions, corporate events and fundraisers.

The Theatre’s 10,400 sq. ft., two-story grand lobby will function as an art gallery focusing on sculpture, object, glass and functional art.

This lobby also houses the main entryway for the Theatre and ticketing box office. The second story of the lobby will function as the “Upper Lounge,” with box seating for live performance events and a second story art gallery that will compliment the first floor art exhibitions.

Adjacent to the lobby entrance at 1810 Bluffton Road is a 3,200 sq. ft. ground level commercial space that will be utilized as an extended box office for Clyde Theatre concert events.

Clyde theatre fort wayne concerts music wedding reception hall